- Part Number:
- Manufacturer Part Number:
Engine Control Module
- Long Description:
Remanufactured Engine Control Computer
- Part Type:
Engine Control Module
- Sales Rank:
- Core Price:
- Product Fit:
- Quantity Sold:
- Sold individually
- Qty Per Application:
- Minimum Order Qty:
- Item GTIN:
- Item Location:
- FAQ Q5 Q
- Do all Chrysler Power Train Control Modules (PCM) need vin programming?
- FAQ Q2 A
- The wrong ECM may have been installed. Verify the Ford Engineering Id number, found on the ECM/PCM, crosses to the correct CARDONE number.
- FAQ Q4 Q
- I replaced the PCM in my GM vehicle. Do I need to reset the Passlock or Passkey Vehicle Anti Theft System (VATS)?
- FAQ Q5 A
- Chrysler PCM's identified with a ^V^ suffix will need to be vin programmed.
- Product Condition
- FAQ Q2 Q
- The replacement ECM for a Ford vehicle won't start the vehicle. Why?
- Housing Material
- Product Line Marketing Stmt
- CARDONE Industries, Inc. is the remanufactured parts supplier to the O.E.Ms. We are the only remanufacturer in the world with over 45 years' experience in mechanical, hydraulic and electronic parts repair. Through reverse-engineering, our product engineers are able to determine where - and why - original parts fail. We re-engineer our A1 CARDONE(R) Reman parts for stronger, longer-lasting performance. We build it better. Learn more at Cardone.com.
- FAQ Q1 Q
- Do all Ford vehicles require a Passive Anti Theft System (P.A.T.S) reset?
- FAQ Q3 Q
- What steps should I take to assure the original ecm/pcm is causing the issue?
- Connector/Terminal Configuration
- Pin/Male Pin/Male Pin/Male
- FAQ Q4 A
- Yes, there's a 10 minute procedure utilizing a Tech 2 Scanner and a GM Terminal Subscription. There is also a 30 minute manual procedure that can be done without a scanner. Refer to an OE approved service manual for either option.
- FAQ Q1 A
- No, not all Ford vehicles require a PATS reset. Check the PATS chart found on the MotorCraft Site for your application.
- FAQ Q3 A
- Prior to replacing the original ECM/PCM, the installer should determine what caused the original to fail. Common areas that cause failures are: poor grounds and powers, bad wiring harness, shorted solenoids/relays.
- Terminal Quantity
- 32, 32, 32
- Removable PROM
- Application Summary
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 2000
- AAIA Part Type Description
- Engine Control Module
- Product Description - Invoice
- Reman. Engine Control Computer
- Label Description
- Remanufactured Engine Control Computer
- Short Product Description
- Engine Ctrl Comp.
- UN/SPSC Description
- Emission Code
- Harmonized Tariff Code (HTS)
- Life Cycle Status Code
- Life Cycle Status Description
- Available to Order
- SDR Required Flag
- National Popularity Description
- Top 60% of Product Group Sales Value (Units x $, Hits, etc.)
- Maximum Cases per Pallet Layer
- Pallet Layer Maximum
- Remanufactured Part
- Warranty Distance
- Warranty Distance UOM
- Warranty Special UOM
- Warranty Time
- Warranty Time UOM
The CARDONE/A-1 CARDONE Engine Control Module contains no remanufactured components, and is designed to operate in either city or highway driving.
|2000||Jeep||Grand Cherokee||4.7L||4WD;Vehicle specific Flash programming Reqd ON or OFF the vehicle.Accurate VIN & mileage are req'd;with Federal Emissions; Qty needed per vehicle: 1 ;|
New products purchased from our store are covered by a
manufacturer warranty. Other than applicable manufacturer warranties, or as
otherwise provided in these Terms & Conditions, there are no warranties,
express or implied for any of our products, and we specifically disclaim any
warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose for tires,
aftermarket wheels, and tire & aftermarket wheel packages.
For other parts, we provide a limited warranty of 90 days
from the date received by the original purchaser or installer, unless otherwise
specified, which covers the replacement of a defective part(s). The warranty
applies only to parts replacement with same or better quality. For such cases,
a full refund will be issued to the original purchaser. A refund or an exchange
of a defective part will be processed only if it is accompanied by the original
sales invoice. All items must be in their original condition and must not be
damaged due to incorrect installation upon return. The warranty is limited only
to the original purchaser and is non-transferable.
All items are given a limited 90-days warranty period by the
manufacturer. The manufacturer will allow the parts to be covered by their warranty
provided that the part was not modified by the buyer.
Under NO circumstances will our liability exceed the amount
of the original sale.
Products damaged as a result of abuse, misuse, improper
repairs or maintenance, improper installation, alteration, or modification will
not be covered by the warranty.
The warranty does not cover airfreight charges, labor
expenses, towing expenses, or rental car expenses resulting from installation
errors. Return shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. We will not
reimburse any return shipping charges incurred.
All returned items must have the RA (Return Authorization)
number written outside the shipping box prior to return. The RA Numbers can be
obtained by creating a return from within your account. Returned items without
RA numbers will not be accepted.
Our liability does not cover lost or stolen packages mailed
back by the customer containing the parts being claimed under warranty. Because
the customer is the shipper, he/she is the only one who can file any lost claim
with the shipping company. Therefore, the claim must be coordinated and
processed through the shipping company by the customer.